Starting a bouncer business can be good business opportunity especially in locations which house a good nightlife. Bouncers are important for the proper functioning of bars, night clubs, pubs, concerts etc. They are the ones responsible for maintaining a calm, safe and healthy environment in these places where the situation could get out of hand pretty easily. They are also responsible for checking identification before allowing people into the nightclub. They are usually hired on a contract basis from companies.
When starting a bouncer business your duties will involve hiring bouncers, training them for their jobs, assigning them to your clients, taking care of legal matters etc. Make sure that you acquire all the legal licenses required for starting a bouncer business as per the laws in your territory. When starting a bouncer business there is a certain amount of risk and trouble associated with it since the trouble makers your bouncers will need to deal with will, in most cases, are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Be sure that you are up to the task before starting a bouncer business.
Where will you work?
When starting a bouncer business you would be managing your employees, that is, the bouncers among your various clients. Your clients will typically be bars, pubs, night clubs, concerts, event management companies etc. So you would be working at various places across your city where your clients require your services, sometimes outside your city as well. When starting a bouncer business make sure that you set up your business in an area with a high activity with regards to nightlife, events etc.
When starting a bouncer business the basic costs will involve setting up your own office with some employees to manage the paperwork, take care of your customer queries, fix appointments etc. Other than that, you will need to hire a good number of bouncers. When starting a bouncer business it is important to make sure that the people you hire are capable of managing the job, which means they should be physically strong and mentally firm. Hire skilled bouncers and do not try to cut costs in this regard as they are the backbone of your business.
Starting a Bouncer Business Tips
- Capability of dealing with variety of situations– Train your bouncers so they are capable to deal with any kind of situation that may arise. They have to be calm and polite to the people and at the same time firm with the potential trouble makers. Many court cases have been issued against bouncers in the US and around the world because of the excessive use of force. Many times bouncers feel that they need to exert this excessive force to keep people inline. You must train your bouncers to use communication and conflict resolution skills rather than just excessive physical confrontation. This will eliminate unnecessary court costs do to excessive force. It is a good idea to conduct background checks on your bouncers as well.
- Hire as per requirement– Have good number of bouncers so that you do not fall short of bouncers for your clients. Your clients are dependent on you for the safety of their place and hence make sure that all of your clients are well served. Have adequate number of bouncers for each of the events based on the expected crowd turn up.
- Extend your ambit– Try to have a tie up with not just bars, nightclubs, pubs etc. but also event management companies as these require bouncers in big numbers when a big event or concert comes up. Your major chunk of the business would be coming from them if you manage to strike a deal with them.
- Promote the business– Advertise your brand and try and gain a good reputation by providing excellent service to your clients.
Advertising a Bouncer Business
When starting a bouncer business you can advertise through the following methods. You can test various forms of advertising methods to see which are the most effective for your business in your location. Keep the advertising methods that are performing the best.
- Bouncer Business Cards– Give out your bouncer business cards whenever an opportunity appears
- Direct Marketing– Get in contact with owners of nightclubs, bars, and event planners that may be in need of your services. Tell then the advantages of hiring a bouncer from your business rather than an independent bouncer (such as the conflict resolution training they go through.)
- Yahoo Local Searches– If you include your business in the Yahoo Local Searches, when people search for your service in your local area your business will appear in the list. To add your business to Yahoo local search, enter the term “add business to yahoo local search” in Yahoo.com and click on the first link.
- Google Local Searches– Google has a local search as well. To add your business to Google local search, enter the term “add business to google search” in Google.com and click on the first link.
- Newspaper classified ads– Newspaper ads in your local newspaper can help spread awareness of your bouncer business.
- Website– You can decide to develop a website to provide clients with access to general information about your bouncer business.