Finding a Website Designer for your Small Business
Your small business website design will be the face of your business online. Once you have made your web project plan you are ready to find a website designer that can create a small business website design that meets the needs of your business. It is important that you consider various factors before choosing a website designer for your small business. It may be worth paying a little more for a good quality website that can meet the needs of your business and help it expand. Web designers usually have portfolios or profiles that show other websites they created. Look at the portfolios of the web designers and consider the following factors to help you make an informed decision.
Review the Portfolios and notice if they fit the following criteria:
- Is it easy to navigate? – Can you find all the pages easily? Is the navigation menu easy to read? Many viewers get impatient when they are not able to find what they need and as a result will simply leave your website instead of trying to figure it out. A navigation menu is usually located on the left or upper side of the website.
- Does it require Flash, QuickTime or Frames?– Not all computers support these programs so some viewers will not be able to see these websites. Flash and Frames can also highly reduce your chances of getting high rankings in the search engines.
- Does the website meet your standards?– Do you like the overall design of this website?
- Does it contain highly relevant pictures?– People like seeing pictures. If your viewer sees loads of information and no pictures they may get bored and leave. However the site should not be crowded with images either, this will delay the loading time of your website. People are often impatient so if your website takes too long to load , they will just leave.
- Price– Is it within your budget? Keep in mind that you will have to save some money for advertising the website as well.
Ask your small business website designer if they can give you a layout of your small business website design before they start building it. Website Designers will often show you a layout of the website at no charge. A layout demonstrates the basic design of the website. You can then let them know if you approve of the design.